Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Children's Librarian

On our way home from the read aloud and art class at our library I could hear The Bear behind me in his carseat singing the words to one of the songs from class.  The Bear is not one to sing through an entire song so I sat silently driving in hopes of capturing every word.

He sang all the way through until the end.  Then he asked, "What that girl's name singing that song?"  I replied that I forgot her name but that she was the children's librarian.

Silence.

He started singing the song again and doing the hand movements along with it (it is the hand-washing song). Then, he clapped and said, "Very good, everyone. Me is the children's librarian."

I whipped around to see the cheekiest smile I have ever seen.

Something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment