Saturday, August 10, 2013

Bears and Butter Fingers

The only thing that I can equate The Bear's sneaky bedtime antics to is.... well, a bear.  Particularly those pesky bears that have gotten all too comfortable with people and campers and raise havoc after the sun goes down.

Light up toothbrushes:  Part of the bedtime routine.

DaveBee and I have tried all sorts of parenting "techniques" from silent, no affect faces returning him to his bed to straight up bribery!  AND we give them time to work... yet, something has changed in this little man and he no longer wants to go to bed.

Sometimes his behavior has us smirking as we leave his bedroom and other times we are almost in tears as we return him to bed for the 73rd time.

Last night, the adults in The Beehive got a little comic relief during the shenanigans.

At some point after tucking The Bear in we realized that it was FAR too quiet for him. DaveBee was the first to investigate.  He peered through the crack in The Bear's door only to see that the room was empty!  He opened the door and scanned it just to be sure.  He then crossed the hallway to our bedroom where he saw The Bear perched on my dresser fiddling about.  DaveBee asked him what in the world he was doing and in doing so, startled The Bear who tumbled off he dresser!  He was fine... and that was not the comical part!

As I returned him to his bedroom I saw that he had smothered his face, hands and arms in Burt's Bees baby bum jelly.  All exposed body parts were glistening... still not the comic relief I speak of.

I wiped him down but it inevitably left slight sheen that he would have to deal with until the morning.  After plopping him in bed I closed his door (this was the rule: get out of bed and the door closes).  I heard him jump out of bed and run to come harass us some more! He arrive at the inside of his door and grabbed the handle only to have his hands slip off!!! Again and again he tried to open the door to no avail!!  I could not help but stand on the other side of the door and chuckle!

This, my friends, was the funny part.

No comments:

Post a Comment