Monday, October 14, 2013

Refreshing: Fall Cleaning

In the words of The Bird:

Oh, Wow!

I switched around a few things in the kitchen and living room and they both feel refreshed and BIGGER!


Our kitchen is really LONG because of the way that the original owners added on to the house.  Our counter space was limited so DaveBee and I bought some natural wood butcher block islands a few years back.

We used the smaller one for food prep next to the stove and the other one stored the microwave, toaster, coffeemaker and any other junk I needed to throw somewhere.

I switched the two and about tripled my food work space.  I feel like I was the recipient of a kitchen make-over! Giddy. And excited to get to cooking!


Our "cozy" livingroom was feeling dark and drab due to the dark brown curtains that hung from the main window.

I lightened it all up with some awesome soft blue/white statement curtains that actually tied the room together more than I anticipated.  The came in as almost a PERFECT match to the paint on the wall next to them and pull out hints of blue in the rug.

Note:  Sorry for the dimness of the pictures, our middle blinds broke and we are waiting for a replacement!

With two small changes...all is good in The Beehive and we are ready for fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment