Monday, December 23, 2013

Muffin Tin Frittata {Naturally Gluten Free}

Ever since learning about simplyrecipes.com I have been obsessed.  It doesn't hurt that recipe creator and master food blogger lives probably within 30 miles of me and I have met her at a few California Food Literacy Center events.

Now, whenever I need inspiration for a recipe I know I can start there.  I LOVE supporting local talent.

Oh, and did I mention her recipe library is insane?

So, as you can imagine, I got the recipe and inspiration from here and tweaked it to create the delightful little Muffin Tin Frittata for Christmas morning.


Ingredients

12 eggs
1 cup chopped spinach
1/2 cup chopped onion*
3/4 cup quartered mushrooms*
1 clove garlic (or more - to taste)
1 cup Quattro Formaggio shredded cheese blend from Trader Joe's (or similar)
Italian seasoning
Salt
Pepper
Olive Oil

*Any veggies you would put in an omelet would work here!  Be creative!



Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Grease a muffin tin (butter, olive oil, or coconut oil will work)

Saute your vegetables in the olive oil and add the Italian seasoning to taste for 5-7 minutes (until they are soft but still recognizable!).

Beat your eggs in a bowl and add salt and pepper to taste.

Fill muffin tin wells halfway with beat eggs.  Add sauteed veggies to each one,  generously sprinkle stinky cheese (that's what The Bear calls it in our house!) nnd then fill the rest of the way with remaining egg.

Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes making sure the egg is thoroughly cooked!

Notes:   When adding spices, vegetables and cheese be very generous!  I thought I was OVER-seasoning and when I tasted them, they could have used more!

Now go get your booty in the kitchen and warm it up! CHEERS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!





No comments:

Post a Comment