Monday, June 3, 2013

Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Oatmeal Cookies

While meandering through the Trader Joe's website looking for new and exciting dinner ideas I discovered that Trader Joe's has gluten-free recipes!

I have been making flourless cookies as of late and find them to be super fulfilling for an evening snack.  I got all the ingredients for these today but have to wait for my baking buddy, The Bear, to wake up from his nap! The Bear loves cookies especially ones with chocolate in them. Pictures and taste-testing results to come!

http://traderjoes.com/recipes/recipe.asp?rid=199
  • 2 very ripe TJ's Bananas, mashed
  • 1/2 cup TJ’s Creamy Unsalted Almond Butter
  • 1 tsp TJ’s Pure Vanilla Flavor
  • 1 tsp TJ’s Organic Blue Agave Sweetener
  • 1 cup TJ’s Gluten Free Rolled Oats
  • 1 TJ’s Belgian Dark Chocolate with Almond Bar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine mashed banana, almond butter, vanilla and agave. Slowly add oats to the mixture. Break chocolate bar into small pieces and add to mixture. For each cookie drop a tablespoon of mixture onto a cookie sheet. Bake for approximately 14 minutes.
Serves: 12
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes



Kid tested and APPROVED!

Notes from the recipe:
  • I substituted peanut butter instead of almond butter
  • I substituted brown sugar for their sweetener
  • We used semi-sweet chocolate chips... and LOTS of them
  • Recipe does not require eggs so we were free to sample our product right up until it was cooked!
*Parchment Paper is where it's at... just discovered it in the last year. It cooks everything evenly and makes for easy clean-up. Woot woot!

One last thing: I rarely ever follow a recipe exactly as it was intended.  In the last year, I started cooking and baking from instinct and experience and my food has gotten exponentially better.  I generally use a recipe as a jumping off point and have fun from there.  I'm pretty certain my mom has never used a recipe in her life. J/K... maybe once or twice.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment